Quiche

Quiche. It's a great quick healthy meal or appetizer. It's very versatile. it's a great way to empty that vegetable drawer in the refrigerator. There seems to be a lot of debate in much of the assembly method in a quiche. Do you blind bake? Do you precook your feelings such as your vegetables? Milk or cream?

4-5 eggs
Milk
Fillings
Pie crust

I do not blind bake my crust and have had success with having a nice crust.  As they say on the Great British Baking Show, I have not had a soggy bottom. The key to the filing seems to be the ratio of milk to egg.  After a bit of Internet research and experimenting on my own I think the method of measuring your egg with the milk brings the most success. When you are putting your filling together, crack your egg into a measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1/2 cup per egg.

I do not brown my vegetables before I put them in. I just put them in raw but make sure that they are thinly sliced.  I also use milk but have tried cream when it is in the refrigerator. Of course cream makes it a much richer quiche. Both were good.


Bake your quiche for 45-50 mins at 350.

Filling Suggestions:

  • Spinach and feta
  • Swiss and mushroom
  • Ground breakfast sausage already browned, and a variety of vegetables which could include thinly sliced carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, parsnips, any root vegetable.


Be creative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Chicken Casserole

Moravian Chicken Pie

Baked Oatmeal