Sweet Sour Chicken

To say I liked this recipe is quite an understatement. A pinner on Pinterest stated it perfect when she said she could have licked the pan it was so good. I completely agree. I was able to freeze this dish as well. I cut, coated and browned the chicken then froze in a pan. I cannot remember if I froze the sauce separate or not. This is one of my favorites.

The chicken coating:
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
salt + pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

The sweet and sour sauce:
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbs ketchup
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt

Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees. Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs. Heat your 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through. Place the chicken in a 9×13 greased baking dish. Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken. Bake for one hour and during the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.


Below is the greatness you will get when it’s all cooked:





Pin It

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken turns out just like Chinese take out. It is delicious. I most recently threw in a bag of stir fry veggies and it was great.

      Delete
    2. I accidently hit the wrong button on my touch screen and accidently removed the comment...question was if the chicken comes out crispy...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Chicken Casserole

Moravian Chicken Pie

Baked Oatmeal