Beef with mushrooms

I had a small amount of ground beef left and leftover mushrooms so I decided I’d make some beef stroganoff. I started the browning process when I found I had no cream cheese. And yes, I just returned from the store. So since I refused to go buy any it was time for plan B. I found this recipe. Simple and delish. Good accident!  

1 lb. lean Ground Beef [93% lean or leaner]
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ yellow onion, diced
2 cups mushrooms [any variety], sliced
2 tablespoons fresh basil [or 1 teaspoon dried]
¼ cup beef broth
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
Brown ground beef in a fry pan, breaking into small crumbles as it cooks. Add garlic and onion , cooking til garlic becomes fragrant, about three minutes. Add mushroom and cook about another five minutes. Add basil, broth, vinegar and worcestershire sauce. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the liquid has reduced, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately with your favorite whole grain side, such as brown rice or quinoa. As an alternative, add rice after meat is browned. Simmer till rice is cooked thru. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Chicken Casserole

No Bake Chocolate bars

Euroflex Monster Floor Steam Cleaner Blue EZ1