Slow Cooker French Toast

Slow Cooker French Toast
I was looking for a good overnight French toast recipe to use up some old dry bagels. I didn't like what I was finding so I made my own. I really liked it. Now is like to try adding cream cheese and/or apples. Hope you enjoy it.
 
For the French Toast:
About one loaf of bread
8 Eggs
2 cups Milk
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Sugar


For the Topping:
¾ cup Brown Sugar
½ cup Butter
3 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg

Cut the bread into roughly 1" cubes.  Melt all topping ingredients in a small pan and set aside.  Spray the inside of your 6 qt. crockpot with non-stick spray or line with slow cooker liner.  In another bowl beat together eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar and set aside.  Start layering your casserole: bread, egg mixture and topping . Repeat till all gone.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Chicken Casserole

Moravian Chicken Pie

Baked Oatmeal