Pineapple Chicken

On a bit of a whim, I ordered 30 pounds of chicken.  That's right.  30 pounds.  I was looking through blogs for chicken recipes when I found someone's mention of Zycon Foods.  It sounded great.  For less than $2 per pound I could have fresh, never frozen, hormone free chicken delivered straight from a local farmer.  The best part is that it was delivered right to the church I would be at on delivery night!  How could I pass it up.  Well, I should have planned a bit better than I did....upon delivery, I had to figure out what to do with all this chicken.  I had been searching for about the week before delivery, but had not come up with a concrete plan of recipes.  So, in a bit of a frenzy, this is one that I found.  I made two batches of it.  The first I cooked on the stove top by pan frying.  The second, I baked after covering in panko crumbs.  The fact that I feel like I am going to explode and that my girls asked for thirds, I think the second method was a hit.  This recipe is for sure a keeper.  Next Zycon delivery, this is on the plan!

2 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c soy sauce
1 c pineapple juice
1 c ketchup
1/4 c red wine vinegar
2 T mustard
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2-16 oz cans crushed pineapple tidbits, juice used above

Mix the marinade, sugar through mustard.  Split chicken between two ziploc bags.  Pour marinade evenly over each bag of chicken.  Send to the freezer until cooking time. 
To cook:  Heat oven to 400 degrees Cut chicken into strips and roll into panko crumbs.  Place in pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until cooked all the way through and browned.  While chicken is in the oven, place remaining marinade from the bag into a sauce pan.  Cook on low while the chicken is in the oven, stirring frequently.  Sauce should thicken after about 30-45 minutes.  serve as a dipping sauce on the side. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Chicken Casserole

Moravian Chicken Pie

Baked Oatmeal