Green Smoothie

I need to preface this with two things.  First, I didn't have vanilla yogurt so perused reviews for alternatives.  I found a few different reviews who had other suggestions.  So, I altered my recipe to eliminate the yogurt.   Let me just do this...here's the original recipe:

 1 banana, cut in chunks
1 cup grapes
1 (6 ounce) tub vanilla yogurt
1/2 apple, cored and chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves 

Place the banana, grapes, yogurt, apple and spinach into a blender. Cover, and blend until smooth, stopping frequently to push down anything stuck to the sides. Pour into glasses and serve.

Here's what I made:
1 banana
1 cup red grapes
1 cup orange juice
1/2 apple, peeled and cored
1-1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
1/4 cup sugar

Mix well.

I have to admit that I continued to tinker with the concoction, but feel it went downhill after the above mixture.  Next time I wouldn't listen to my child who said it needed something, and would leave it alone.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Chicken Casserole

Moravian Chicken Pie

Baked Oatmeal