Oatmeal



I was looking for a different way to make/serve oatmeal.  I searched on my favorite allrecipes.com and found this recipe.  I will say it was good but did not have that WOW feeling that I like from a recipe.  So, I think this will go in my, maybe someday pile.
Dominican Style Oatmeal


"This oatmeal is not like your typical breakfast. It's more like a hearty beverage cooked with milk, cinnamon, and sugar. "
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 pinch salt
Directions:
1. Combine milk, oats, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Chicken Casserole

Moravian Chicken Pie

Scones from sourdough starter