Fish tacos



Whenever we eat out for Mexican dinner, I order fish tacos. I love them. Our favorite restaurant offers a good light and flaky fish with a great creamy sauce. In my normal style, I had to try it myself. On first attempt, I have to say it turned out pretty darn good. I will put the original recipe below but I of course could not follow directions and had to some things my own way. To cook the fish, I laid the tilapia out on the fry basket in my ninja foodie. I sprinkled all the seasoning on top of the fish and put about three tablespoons of butter across all the fish. Cook til fish is flaky check after 15 minutes

Fish seasoning:
1 1/2 lb tilapia
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2-3Tbsp Butter

Fish Taco Toppings:
1/2 small purple cabbage (I used Napa)
2 medium avocado sliced
2 roma tomatoes diced (optional)
1/2 diced red onion
1/2 bunch Cilantro longer stems removed
4 oz 1 cup Cotija cheese, grated
1 lime cut into 8 wedges to serve

Fish Taco Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Mayo
2 Tbsp lime juice from 1 medium lime
1 tsp adobo seasoning

Instructions

Line large baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner. In a small dish, combine seasonings and evenly sprinkle seasoning mix over both sides of tilapia. (I only did one side).
Lightly drizzle fish with olive oil and dot each piece with butter. Bake at 375 for 20-25 min. To brown edges, broil for 3-5 minutes at the end if desired. (I only used butter on top and used the air fryer)
Combine all Taco sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended.
To serve the tacos, toast quickly toast the corn tortillas on a large dry skillet or griddle over medium/high heat.
To assemble: start with pieces of fish then add remaining ingredients finishing with a generous sprinkle of cotija cheese and finally that awesome taco sauce! Serve with a fresh lime wedge to squeeze over tacos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Chicken Casserole

Moravian Chicken Pie

Baked Oatmeal